“Everyday Comedy” is a series on the little things in life that make us laugh.
3 Rules To Follow at Midnight
- Refrain from inspecting the fridge for new or overlooked items.
- Don’t buy food that’s $5 or less from the bakery or deli section (you already ate).
- Compose all text (e.g., complaints, congrats, emails, or follow-ups) in a note app or on paper. Don’t send.
3 Creative Solutions on How To Follow the Rules Above
- Take a photo of the inside of your fridge to keep nearby.
- Place a $1 label on two or four food items on your kitchen counter. Shop there first.
- Print and tape your last email with typos near your desk.